SCAE Barista Training Foundation
Please note: This module is offered as part of the SCA Barista Training Foundation course. The price below is for the complete course.
Course cost: £ please call for information
The introduction to coffee is now only available as an additional option to the barista foundation one day course
This is aimed at those people that want to start to get serious about producing professional coffee-based drinks and is open to both home enthusiasts and those working in the coffee industry.
OVERVIEW: DESIGNED TO INTRODUCE CORE BARISTA SKILLS TO PEOPLE WITH NO PREVIOUS BARISTA EXPERIENCE. SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES SHOULD BE ABLE TO SIMPLY CALIBRATE THEIR GRINDERS AND MAKE AN ESPRESSO AND CAPPUCCINO TO CORE STANDARDS
Barista Training Foundation; You Will Learn
- Coffee botany, Arabica and Robusta beans, processing and preparation
- Roasting coffee, freshness, storage and life-span
- Workspace management
- Correct procedures of using grinders and espresso machines
- How to set the grinder, dose and pull a shot of espresso
- Milk steaming, how to make micro-foam – the silky, shiny milk that tastes wonderful
- The café menu, learn what the difference between cappuccinos, lattes, flat-whites and more
- Hygiene, Health and Safety. Cleaning your machine and keeping your work area clean throughout the day to ensure consistent taste and quality in your drinks
- Customer Service
- Cleaning, maintenance and trouble shooting
The Foundation Barista course is a full intensive day of training and will help you gain a great insight into the correct process required to make the foundation of tasty coffee drinks – espresso. You will be taught how to steam milk to perfection and how to correctly construct the drinks on your café menu. A light lunch is provided too. The introuction to coffee modual can be added to this course if required please contact Gordon on 07903123642 for details.