SCA Grind & Brew Level 1
Please note: This module is offered as part of the SCA Grind & Brew course. The price below is for the complete course.
Course cost: £
Both the FOUNDATION and INTERMEDIATE SCA modules our grind and brew level 1
This is an amazing opportunity to work along side Gordon in the Attic and develop skills that are fine tuned to deliver that perfect brew every time in a commercial environment.
Training is on a one to one basis and is by appointment only
This one day course is VERY INTENSIVE is aimed at those people that want to start to get serious about producing professional coffee-based drinks and is open to both home enthusiasts and those working in the coffee industry.
The distinction of having completed Grinding & Brewing Level 1 confirms that the certified person has a competency in the preparation of coffee with respect to the importance and interaction of grinding and brewing methods. He/she will understand the key determining factors in brewing a quality coffee.
You Will Learn
- What is grinding?
- Types of grinding – which is best and why?
- What can effect grinding consistency from the bean?
- What are the main grinding methods: Where are they used?
- Particle Shape: Why does it make a difference?
- Impact of grinding fresh on brew. Non-soluble volatiles
- Brew Ratio
- Grind size vs contact time
- Temperature impact on brewing
- Impact of temperature, volume and filtration of water on the brew
- Brewing methods
- Filter options
The Grind and Brewing course runs from 9am to 6pm and will help you understand the principles of brewing and grinding enabling you to consistently make great tasting brewed coffee. A light lunch is provided too.